13 December 2005

Golden Bull Award

The Scottish Executive will tonight receive a Golden Bull award from the Plain English Campaign for part of the Building (Scotland) Regulations. I think I'll just let the passage speak for itself:

"The completion certificate must be submitted by the relevant person as defined by the Building (Scotland) Act 2003, that is -
a) Where the work was carried out, or the conversion made, otherwise than on behalf of another person, the person who carried out the work or made the conversion.
b) Where the work was carried out, or the conversion made, by a person on behalf of another person, that other person.
c) If the owner of the building does not fall within paragraph (a) or (b) and the person required by these paragraphs to submit the completion certificate has failed to do so, the owner."

Got that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree 100%

Trying to make sense of this, my first thought was send it to the Plain English society for a laugh. My second thought was Google it, (that brought me here). My final thought... if I can't make sense of it then no-one else will either, so it won't matter one jot.