12 August 2009

Bloggers' Meets?

Apparently, a couple of people took my rather lame attempt at a title for Sunday's Roundup slightly more seriously than I anticipated, and thought that there was an actual Blogosphere Barbecue in the offing. There isn't, but there has been a realisation that some kind of meetup would be a go-er.

As such, plans are being made to hold one in Edinburgh, possibly w/c 24 August, or the week after. Details, as yet, TBC. So is my attendance, which is slightly embarrassing having been named as a member of the organising committee!

All the same, it should be good - whenever it takes place. Reports from the last general one were positive, and the last SNP Bloggers' Breakfast in Glasgow a couple of months ago was delightful. So any ideas, drop me a line.

By the way, it looks like there will be another SNP bloggers' meetup at Conference in Inverness this Autumn. Another breakfast? Something else? Again, ideas welcome...

2 comments:

Angry Steve said...

You should know me well enough from our Uni days to know that if you mention BBQ, I drool...

Will said...

But of course. After all, I recall the halcyon days of the Committee of Management buffet. And the Northern Services AGM, a useful summit packed with lots of, ahem, "valuable training opportunities", now denied to present EUU Committee members.